The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Nashua has been recognized for its outstanding work with the greater Nashua community. We could not accomplish all of our great work without the help of our volunteers. Our volunteers are former Club members, parents of Club members, and outstanding citizens who are dedicated to giving back to the youth of our community.
Being a Volunteer
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Nashua refers to volunteers as those who, by choice, contribute time and service in one or more of the Club’s Core Program Areas or in some organizational capacity to assist the Club in reaching its mission.
Volunteers can assist the Club in 2 ways:
- Short-term Commitment: Volunteers can participate briefly in special events, or have a limited role under the supervision of professional staff.
- Sustained Commitment: Volunteers participate during the school year or summer programs, donating time and energy on a regularly weekly or monthly basis in daily program areas.
Character & Leadership Development
- Torch/Youth of the Year Judge
- Leadership Group Mentor/Co-advisor
- Teaching youth skills that can be used in leadership capacities
Education & Career Development
- Power Hour Homework Help Tutors
- Computer Skills Instructors
- Job Shadow Partners
- Digital Arts Instruction and Production
- Arts & Crafts Instructors
- Drama Production
- Dance Instruction
Health & Life Skills
- Food preparation for daily meals
- Mentor members about avoiding unhealthy behaviors
Sports, Fitness & Recreation
- Referees and Umpires for Sports/Water Sports
- Field Trip Chaperones
- Game Instruction
- Games Room Assistant
- Clerical Support
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Data Entry
- Special Event Committee member
- Special Event Volunteer
Requirements for Volunteering
- Volunteers who do not interact with members are not required to complete a volunteer application.
- For volunteers interested in working with Club members, the following process must be completed in order to participate at the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Nashua:
- Complete a full volunteer packet, including background check information and authorization
- Attend a formal volunteer orientation with Director of Programs
- Regularly meet with staff to ensure that the needs of the volunteer, organization and Club members are being met.
To volunteer to work with children, contact Bree Cosgrove to discuss your interest and availability and complete the volunteer application. You can reach her at 883-0523 x237 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To volunteer at special events and/or to provide other Club support, contact Ashley Fudala to discuss your interest and availability at 883-0523 x228 or by emailing her at email@example.com.